If you have many cPanel accounts, you may prefer to change the default settings for newly created cPanel accounts.
- As root, SSH into your server or launch WHM terminal.
- Create a system_pool_defaults.yaml file in the /var/cpanel/ApachePHPFPM directory. To do this using nano, type the following:
Add the following to the new file:
pm_max_children: Max number of child processes
pm_max_requests: Number of requests a child process executes before respawning.
pm_min_spare_servers: Minimum idle server processes
pm_max_spare_servers: Maximum idle server processes
pm_process_idle_timeout: Time until an idle process is killed in s(econds), m(inutes), m(inutes), h(ours), or d(ays).
- Save and exit the file. Using nano, press Control and x for the save prompt before exiting. Press y, then Enter ? to save the file.
- Rebuild PHP-FPM using the following command:
- Restart PHP-FPM using the following command: